Whew, boy! Before I talk about nesting, I just wanted to let you all know that I am much better today. Thank you for all of your prayers and sweet phone calls! I felt them, for sure. The big picture is the enemy will use anything, anyone and any circumstance to knock you off course! Well, I am back on course today.
We will be leaving for Africa in 11 days. 11 DAYS!!!! I am heading into a tailspin of what I lovingly call "nesting". You know....that thing you do just before you have a baby. Well, I do it when I travel, too....especially when I travel out of country....and I'm finding I'm doing double the nesting....or at least feel like that's the case...because hubby and I are going together.
There are kid schedules to coordinate...lunches to pay up for the extra week....packing to do....supplies to buy....packing to do for the kids' stay at Granny and PawPaw's...prescriptions to fill....letters to write and get notarized so grandparents have authority to get medical care for the kids.....letters to write to the school explaining that both of us are leaving and should the kids have minor (or major) meltdowns ( has happened in the past when only one of us was gone)while we are gone to please give them some extra love and attention and call their Granny...books to finish reading because my husband insists I have to finish this particular one before we get to Africa.....
....and I'm not even done with that list....but my mind just shifted gears to the nesting list for work....because you know when no one knows how to do your job you have to make sure every single thing will be covered....you have to anticipate what problems might arise so you can head them off before you leave...you have to file every single paper in your "filing" stack....you have to complete every single project....even if the deadline is weeks after your return....
....ohhhhhhhh, I'm so tired!
But it will all get done. It always does. And my goal is to get it done by this weekend, so we can spend every extra minute focusing our attentions on the kids next week just before we leave. That's one of my big prayers.....that and no airline strike like the one that cancelled our trip in October.....and then, you know, safe travels and happy tummies and all of those other things. So, yeah, please pray for us!
4 comments:
I was about to complain about the laundry stacking up. Whew! I go crazy just packing for a week in Florida. The rough part of your journey is there isn't a local walmart to just pick up the few things you forgot to pack.
You and Rick will no doubt come back so changed that it will all be worth it. You are coming back right?
D
How exciting that the two of you get to go together. I would love for Tim to feel led to Mexico w/me. You can count on my prayers.
I got your comment and wanted to say that we would love to go see the trains sometime. Just let me know when there is a good time for you to take us. :)
sweet friend ... i love you so much and I can't wait to see what the journey brings to you and to us all! i am privileged to be in your life and am thankful for all your prayers. Jesus Calling ROCKS !!!
Post a Comment