Thursday, August 2, 2007

Paradise Awaits....

.....although, I don't think I could seriously consider any place really paradise without my sweet husband there with me. In less than 48 hours, the kids and I will be heading out on a road trip. My poor honey has to stay at home and work since he doesn't have quite as much vacation time as me. He is, however, the most wonderful husband in the whole world because he'll be repainting our living room while we are away!

This will be our destination.....




Ahhhhh, seven days of crashing waves, sandy feet, seashell hunting, sandcastle making, shark teeth searching, ocean dipping, sunset watching and I'm sure lots of picture taking (I promise, Mom!)

I'm hopeful we'll have internet access.....since I'll have so much time on my hands for blogging all of the sandy joy we'll be having.

I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to read about Islam (the current book on my nightstand) while soaking up the rays, though. Any great reading suggestions for by-the-beach relaxation??

8 comments:

Becca said...

That is where the boys and I just spent a week and a half--sunny FL!! We had a great time, but we missed Scotty terribly! He had to stay and work too--not as much vacation as me!;) Have a great time relaxing! I read "An Ordinary Man" and "Angela's Ashes." I wanted to read "Redeeming Love" too, but ran out of time. You would like "An Ordinary Man." It is about the man who inspired the movie Hotel Rwanda--his ordeal during their recent war. It is just a good perspective about the countries in Africa. Enough rambling for me--enjoy the rays and waves!

Tiffany said...

FUUUUUUN! I SO wish I was coming with you again this year to have some sunny fun wih you too!! The house looks AMAZING!!!

If Redeeming Love is the Redeeming Love that I read about 13 years ago by Francine Rivers, it is a MUST read! I actually have that book n a box in the storage unit! I think it is actually in my box that is "Bound For India"! :)

Have a blast with the boys and Liv (is she going too?). Give them all a squeeze and a "hi" from Leigha & Kev.

Love you TONS!
~T

Jeanne said...

Becca,
Thanks for the suggestions! And since Redeeming Love is mentioned by both you and Tiff, I may have to count that one in! And I didn't even think about An Ordinary Man, but that is required reading for all incoming MTSU freshman. Olivia is currently working through that, so I will probably read that one, too. We just re-watched Hotel Rwanda earlier this week to help her get into reading the book. She's not as avid a reader as me....actually, she can't stand reading. :) Thanks for the suggestions!

Tiff,
I may go see if I can find that one book out of your storage box! But I promise I'll put it back. And I can assure you I will miss you tons while down there....I'll probably spend a load of time reminiscing about our vacation from last year!

Brenda said...

Have a GREAT time...the place looks absolutely amazing...wish I could be with you guys. I am sure Rick will miss you guys too but he'll be fine no doubt. No suggestions from me on a good 'read' as I am not much of a reader. Go with Becca's and Tiff's.
Thanks for your comment on my blog girl! I am thankful to call you friend as well.

Kristie said...

Ooooooh my goodness. All I can say is JEALOUS!! Have a blast!! :) Maybe one of these years we'll be able to do a "real" vacation like that! I'm going to hang onto that hope anyway! :) Till then, you'll just have to enjoy it enough for us both!

Becca said...

Jeanne,
Guess what?? Olivia is in my Univ 1010 class in the fall!! My old office actually started the summer reading/convocation program, so I'm quite familiar with it. I am in training right now and checked my class roster and saw Olivia's name! I hope she doesn't mind that! Enjoy your reading and vacating!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

oh my that looks like the best place ever ... where are you going exactly? and yes, Redeeming Love is a must read or "The Mark of the Lion" series by Francine River ... have a blast and bring me home some sand ...

Jeanne said...

Oh, girls! It was a beautiful house! Not the most relaxing time with the other parent MIA, but we still had some fun!

If you're ever headed down to Panama City Beach and you have a few families going (this place would be too expensive for just us), then let me know and I'll send you the information.

I went to Lifeway before the trip and they were out of Redeeming Love....didn't have time to get yours out of storage, Tiff....but I ended up buying The Mark of the Lion series of hers. What a great read so far! They are huge books and I didn't get as much time to read as I would have liked (the MIA parent thing, you know), so I have quite a ways to go, but I'm really getting into since being home and am having a hard time putting it down now.

Becca, way cool about being in Liv's 1010 class. You're going to have to tell me about what you do again....I was thinking social work. And duh, convocation, not invocation! I don't know what I was thinking!