Thursday, July 19, 2007

Happy Heart

Breakfast by the beach. Sweet conversations with my boys. A canoe ride on the lake. A hike in the woods. And a lovely conversation with God.

This was the start of my beautiful day! The boys are going to Camp Widjiwagan this week. And this morning was a special time where parents could come with their campers and enjoy breakfast and an activity before the day got started. As we sat on the hill, looking out over the lake while eating our sweet rolls, my heart swelled up so big. Birds were singing. Waves were rolling up on shore. An ever-so-gentle breeze was blowing. And my mind wandered to a passage from Psalm that I read earlier this week. My heart was singing for joy at the works of His hands this morning. Not just the beautiful evidence of His work in the nature around us, but the beautiful evidence of Him in the two lovely creatures I call 'my boys'. How blessed I am that He chose me to be their mom. Aside from my honey, they are the absolute best things that have ever been given to me. I treasure them. And I treasure the sweet time we had together this morning.

2 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

what a sweet time !!! don't you just love to stop and smell, see and feel God's blessings ...

Tiffany said...

So sweet! I was just watching Kevie laying on his daddy's chest. We are all so exhausted from packing and moving. He is laying there so sweetly sleeping.