Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me...
Psalm 23:4
A local pastor often visited Seydou, a young man in the final stages of AIDS. Seydou's family, however, was so filled with fear and shame they rarely entered his room. They even discouraged the pastor from visiting. But the pastor continued to drop by and encourage Seydou in the love of Christ. One day the pastor was notified of an emergency in his own family and had to leave town for several weeks. Upon his return, the pastor went to visit Seydou, only to find he had passed away. As the pastor talked with the family, he learned they had not even known Seydou died until several days later when a bad odor began to seep from his room.
* Pray for people to realize that they cannot catch HIV/AIDS by visiting the sick.
* Pray that people's fears will be replaced by compassion.
1 comment:
OH! That breaks my heart! I can't imagine the lonliness that man felt. . . . .
Post a Comment