Thursday, May 3, 2007

Growing Up Signs

The boys entranced me with their cute little smiles and precious little voices at Wal-Mart the other night. The result...dinner at the McDonald's in the back of the store. I kept trying to tell them that we could wait until we got home.

But it WAS 7:30 already.....

And the fries DID smell really good as we rounded the corner by the milk box....

And really, what WAS I going to fix when we got home?

So happy meals abounded for all. And as we are sitting there eating....not much talking or lolly-gagging going on, mind you, because they really were starving....this is the brief conversation that was had...

Matthew: Mom, I really don't think happy meals are that great anymore.

Me: Oh, why is that?

Matthew: The toys are just eewwhh, you know?

Me: You think?

Matthew: Yeah, plus I really need more food than this.

I guess the Dollar Store isn't going to suffice very much longer, either, is it? I'm not ready for big boys yet! Suddenly, I have a new fondness for those happy meal toys.....

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh man, I better enjoy it while I can!! We're not that many years behind you! :)

Tiffany said...

Oh yessssss ~ I guess I forgot to tell you that they come to that point sooner than you are ready for it. Leigha just says, "get two boy toys, then Kevie can have them. I don't want one, they're kinda dumb now mom."
:( My little girl is no so little anymore and I, for one, don't like that very much!

George Romano said...

It's interesting to see others go through what we went/are going through regarding toys and meal size.

As they get older, ours realized that they toys weren't that great, not to mention that Juliana kept taking Megan's toys for herself.

As for the boys, more food and no toys is cool with them...lol

Thank you for sharing this :)

Take care,
George