My day got away from me and I didn't get my thankful number 8 done in time. But as we were talking with Olivia on skype tonight, the clock rolled over from November 8th to November 9th. So I thought I'd roll my thankfuls together, too, as I thought of two things I'm very thankful for tonight.
Memories....
like the one from a spring break paint war years ago. Olivia was about 14, Matthew was almost 4, and Luke was not even 1 yet. Rick put up a white sheet on the swingset, put fingerpaints of all colors in half a dozen squirt guns, put the kids in bathing suits and let them at it. This is one of our family's MOST favorite memories. And like Olivia said earlier, we are SO glad we caught those moments on video. I wish the video would have loaded, but our connection doesn't like video, apparently, so I can't share it. Have you captured your loved ones on video lately?
and
Our daughter....
whom we love like crazy and miss beyond words. Liv, you may not be daughter of my flesh, but you are most definitely daughter of my heart. I'm so thankful God placed you in my life all those years ago. I am proud of the young woman you are and know without a doubt that you are going to be as fun and wonderful a mommy as you were/are a big sister!
1 comment:
YAY for video cameras ~ we don't have one. :(
Double YAY for Liv! She IS the best! I miss her too and I am so glad I will be able to see her when we are in ATL. I will give her the BIGGEST of hugs from all of you. I promise!!
Post a Comment