Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Thankful Heart....Day 17 & 18

For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
Romans 15:4


17th-Encouragement.

Never underestimate the power of a kind word, gesture, card, phone call, "thank you", or "you can do it". Whenever I have "one of those days" lately, God sends just the right word of encouragement. Sometimes he shows me in His word. And sometimes he uses a word from one of you. Either way, I'm thankful for the gift of encouragement.

**************

18th-Intercession.

I don't deserve it. But then it's not about what I deserve.

intercede intr.v. 1. To plead on another's behalf; seek some favor for another.


Jesus....THANK YOU.

And to all my intercessory prayer warriors....THANK YOU.

Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 53:12


Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
Hebrews 7:25

No comments: