Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Big Day!

So I'm a bit late with pictures of the wedding, but better late than never! Right, Di? It was a jammed-packed, last-minute detail-filled week, but what wedding isn't, I guess? The day was lovely....completed without a glitch....and just the way Liv wanted it. I was too tied up with other details the day of, so what few pictures we have are ones that Rick and my mom took. They aren't the best shots ever, but they'll have to do! Here's a sampling for your ever-so-patient eyes.

The happy couple and their wedding party!





My handsome husband and his other favorite girl!



My beautiful family!





What Luke and Olivia thought about all the pictures....after about the 1000th one...or so it seemed!





THE cake and HIS cake!





My heros of the day! Can I just say I have some of the best friends on the planet? Barb and Vic, if you are reading this, I just want you to know how VERY much I adore you both! I can't thank you enough for all you did!





Ross is stationed in Georgia. They have settled into their new apartment and Olivia starts a new job next week. She'll finish her studies at a local college in Georgia. And as of now, their long-term plans are to finish his 4-year commitment and then move to Colorado to finish a seminary degree that he started a couple of years ago. They are doing great!

Our boys, however, are greatly missing their big sister! And she's missing them, too, I do believe. She's actually coming into town later tonight to stay for a few days before starting her new job....just to hang with the family. When Matthew got up this morning, he asked what day it was. He was yahoo'ing when I said Tues and when I asked him what was going on today, he said nothing today, Mom, but tomorrow Sissa gets here and I can't wait to see her! Awwwwwwww! That just makes a momma heart beat a little bit quicker!

Stay tuned for Africa thoughts and pictures....they are coming soon...promise!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea they were having a traditional wedding. I remember us praying for them a few months back. It sounds as if everything is going wonderfully for them and I know you are proud. What a beautiful family you have. I knew that I had seen your gentleness and compassion shine outwardly on you and a mutual friend has mentioned how special Matthew is and described him as an old soul trapped in a childs body but looking at these pictures it is not just limited to the two of you. Your whole family shines...I am honored to know you.

Kelly said...

How Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, and glad to have you back in blogger world. We missed you :o) Can't wait to see Africa Pics, and here stories.

Tiffany said...

PRETTY!!! Liv looks absolutely beautiful! And so do you my friend! It is good to see a picture of you too!

Diana said...

Better late than never at all. The pictures are wonderful. Olivia looks amazing. I can't wait to see her.
Thanks for posting and sharing it.

Diana