Hi blog friends. It's been a while and I've missed you. Life has been moving full steam ahead for us the last couple of months. I didn't intend to be away so long, but here I am, two months later and finding it hard to believe it's really been that long.
Life has been full. Too full. And I really am better at saying "no" these days than in days past...but you probably won't believe me after you finish reading this post.
In the last two months, we've started and completed a soccer season, coaching two teams, by the way. The school year has ended and we find ourselves with a 1st and 4th grader now. Our paperwork deadline for mission service has come and gone. We are now in the waiting stage. Rick's birthday and Mother's Day have passed. Our girl has moved to Georgia. We've had a death in the family. And we've been blessed with a birth in the family. There's been a graduation in the family. And two bridal showers. Matthew accepted Jesus into his heart and was baptized.
We made two trips to the doctor/dentist for emergencies with Luke. He's now had his first experience with liquid stitches and he's lost both front teeth...little girls and playground are not really words he likes to hear in the same sentence these days. The new ones are being very slow to come through. So he will be front-toothless for wedding pictures this weekend....our girl's wedding ceremony. That is what is currently consuming my mind....programs and music and processionals and order and flowers and poems. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, will be so glad when it's done.
And then for the next six days after that, I'll be thinking only of packing, preparing, and praying for our next trip to Africa.
We have this small issue of getting our house prepared to put on the market. I've had no time it seems to make any progress toward that particular goal. But the Lord works in mysterious ways. Rick lost his job last month and has been able to use that time to start fixing/cleaning/organizing. He's really worked so very hard the last few weeks changing our door knobs and hinges, painting, repairing, resealing the driveway, and cleaning. We hope to have the house on the market by mid-July.
The Lord has been so faithful to provide during all of this. Even in such small and seemingly insignificant ways. He's teaching us how to trust. He's allowing us an opportunity to stretch. He's reminding us that He is sufficient. As my dear friend Tina says often, "He's adding tools to your toolbox." Yes, He most definately is adding tools.....ones that we will surely need in the coming months.
I've felt myself pulling away.....from the blog, from work, from friends, from family....not permanently....but surely for this strange season I find myself in. My roots are being loosened from the soil they have been planted in for so long. My comfort zone is being stripped away layer by layer. It's been a bit lonely. But He's preparing me for what lies ahead. And I can feel His presence with me each step. He's good like that.
Thank you to the sweet friends and family who have reached out to let me know you are thinking about us and praying for us. Your love amazes and humbles me.
I'll see you again soon. Promise.
10 comments:
I love you so much.....
Wish I could be there with you.....
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I got your voicemail message this morning. It was almost midnight your time when our internet finally came back . . . . I almost called, I picked up the phone, but put it back down because I knew it was so late. :(
Love you,
~T
Near the end of the post you wrote "He is good like that." I would also say, "He is God like that." I know He is getting you ready to experience Him in completely new ways. Your family is loved and prayed for.
I forgot to tell you tonight when I talked with you that my sister said that I needed to tell you that you had to post soon because she reads your blog all the time and it has been WAY too long!
:)
I laughed and told her to sign on in to the internet cause you had a new post all ready for her to read.
It was SOOOOOO good to talk with you tonight!
LOVE YOU!
In the span of "blog time" we think 2 months is a long gap. In the span of a year, well, it's only 2 months. It seems you have fit 6 months of "happenings" inside those 2 months and are still going.
I am glad you are seeing God in all of it, even in the most simple things....If we can see Him in the smallest things, we sure aren't gonna miss His presence in the big things.
All of the distractions that are thrown at us, or the doubts that can make us fear failure, tend to keep us from staying focused and staying the course. We will be praying for you guys as you continue this incredible journey.
One day at a time my friend.
Love Di
I am glad to see you are back. I have been faithfully checking to hear of news of your move and of Ricks job prospects. It sounds as if you have been incredibly busy and will probably only get busier. Sorry to hear about Luke. It is always so hard when our little ones get hurt....I hope that he recovers soon. If I can help in anyway please let me know.
Welcome back my sweet Sister!
I am so glad to hear your blog voice again.
When you read this the ceremony will be a memory and you will be moving into the next phase.
I love you dearly.
I know you are just as happy as we are to be done w/soccer. Coaching 2 teams was a bit stressful. I'm kind of hoping my kids don't want to play in the fall--does that make me a bad mom?
Thanks for the update. On your busy life :o)
I saw Rodney @ work Friday, and he was leaving to go to the rehersal. I can't wait to hear all about it, and see pics.
It's nice to read about how God puts things together, "just so." Even the "little stuff
Sweet girlie ... I have missed you, but have been praying for your heart, your preparation for the mission field, your daily life and so much more ... I am here if I can help you in anyway !!!!
Hey there I keep checking to see if you have updated your blog, you are updating as often as I am these days :) I got your comment on my blog and want to send you some videos of TYLER SALLEE but I don't have your email address with me at home so if you will send it to me I will email you. lisasallee@bellsouth.net
Thanks
Lisa
Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing them, she looked beautiful! shawnah
Post a Comment