Well........
Our adventure lasted about 12 hours. After cancelled flights on Thursday, we headed to Atlanta for a different flight. We found out when we got there that there is a labor dispute with Air France. So try as they did...for about 2 hours....there was just not a way to get us there by Monday....which is the latest we felt we could get there and have any kind of time before leaving again on Friday. We loaded back up our bags and drove back home.
The disappointment is hard to explain. Our hearts and minds were already in Africa. Even after a night of sleep, it still doesn't seem real. It's one of those situations that we just really can't begin to understand the "why", but we do trust in God's plan. It's just a timing issue.
Our visas are good until the end of January, so we are going to try to reschedule the trip some time in the next few months. Until then, we continue to pray for our people group, for our partners, for God to continue preparing the way, for hearts to be made ready......
Waiting on Him.....
3 comments:
Mercy, Mercy, mercy.... I just found out last night. I can NOT believe it, but I can trust HIM.
Why is on my tongue... BUT after I ask, I nod... knowing HE knows best.
Praying for you girlie... man, oh man... walking by faith brings some stubbed toes... whew!
Waiting with you....
Will continue to pray for God's timing for your trip. I can't imagine your disappointment. I know God knows best ALWAYS, but it is difficult to wait patiently, and take the disappointment. Can only imagine it will be extraordinary, when you all do get there :-)
I am sorry your trip has been delayed. You guys prepared for so long for this. In God's timing it will all workout.
Diana
Post a Comment