...OUCH!!!!
Hubby and I just left our doctor's office with six shots between the two of us. Only thing is....it was a little lopsided. I had to have four and he only had to have two.
I had two in each arm and they are already sore. I'm having a poor-baby moment....please bear with me. I loathe needles. Always have. Went screaming and crying all over the place as a child when I had to have one. But I was a trooper today. R said he was proud of me. I told him after you've managed childbirth a couple of times, a few shots really shouldn't be that big of a deal.
I still have to get Hep B from Occupational Health (since that's one the employer will pay for and I should have had 10 years ago when I first started here). Plus, we both still have to get Yellow Fever.
Which is the reason for my post.....
Did you know that most insurance companies apparently don't pay for travel vaccinations?
And did you also know that most clinics won't file your insurance for you if your insurance does pay??
And did you know that you can only get Yellow Fever at very limited and specific, certified clinics?
I have been very exacerbated the last few weeks as we've been checking into all of these things. Luckily, our insurance does pay for travel vaccinations. YAY! But then you have to find a place that will file your insurance for you....which our primary care doctor did. YAY! But he's not a certified Yellow Fever provider. Which lead us on a hunt for one....
...which is the really real reason for this post.
If you are in the market to get vaccinations, especially Yellow Fever, and your insurance won't pay for vaccinations...then I found a really great clinic in Bellevue called SHOTS, ETC. They are right off the interstate by the mall. It's a walk-in clinic so you don't need an appointment. And the best part is....they do not charge you $80-100 for an office visit or individual injection administration fees like most other places. You are only charged for the cost of the vaccine itself. And those prices are clearly identified ahead of time on their website. They don't file insurance, or we would have gotten all of the vaccinations there. But at least if you have to pay out-of-pocket, they don't charge all of the extra fees.
So there's your tip-o-the-day. Check them out if you're in the market for a needle-poke.
Did I say OUCH already???
3 comments:
Yeah, the shot thing stinks, doesn't it? We finished up our shots a few weeks ago. All that insurance stuff is a pain too. We were on a different insurance last year and they covered most of the shots we had to have. But ours this year didn't cover the final dose of Hep A/B. We got most of our shots at Reeves-Sain Pharmacy. They don't charge an office fee either, and they will try to file with your insurance. They are great to work with! We went to the Travel Medicine Clinic at Summit Hospital for Yellow Fever--they were also good to work with, but don't file insurance. I can find their info if you need it. Hope your arms aren't sore for too long!
Ohhhhh I know your pain! I had FIVE shots when I went to India last year. Two in one arm, one in the other and one of each side of my hips! OOOOOOOOOOOOOUCH! Astually it wasn't too bad as I don't mind the shots/needle thing.
We will be having our first "clinic" day here and FPO this coming tuesday at 3:30 PM. I'm sure the kiddos will be geting a total of 5 or 6 shots just to get to India and THENNN poor Kevie has to go to a local pediatrician her in VA to get his Pre-K shots finished up. I feel so sorry for his little tiny arms. They are gonna be so sore and he is gonna be so grumpy!
thanks for the information on the shots! i will be getting some soon for an upcoming trip.
:)jamie
Post a Comment