Since Rick and I had a date Friday night at R&R, we decided to hang out at home with the kids for V-day. My honey made us muffins in valentine paper cups for breakfast, had laid out cards and candy for the kiddos, made my morning coffee (which he almost always does every day anyway), and had set out my favorite "hearts" mug to enjoy it in. What a sweetie! As I was about to walk out the door for work that morning, I remembered a few weeks back that I had found some heart-shaped candy molds at Target. So I grabbed them out of the cabinet and filled them with water and a drop of red food coloring to make red heart ice cubes. That got my mind twirling, and as the day went on, I had hatched a perfect plan for a romantic, family dinner! It was to be a total surprise for the fam! I made....rather, tried to make...heart-shaped mini meatloafs. They started out looking like hearts, but had melded into a blob-shape by the time they finished cooking. I made garlic mashed red potatoes, sweet baby peas and corn on the cob to go with the yummy meatloaf. I'm sure the biggest surprise for them was the time I took to clean off the abyss that we call a kitchen table.....UGH...we (meaning, mostly me) can't seem to keep it clear of the clutter to save my life! But I cleared it this night, lit a bunch of candles, pulled out the good white Pampered Chef dishes and goblets and had the table set up all pretty! Oh, and I almost forgot, I made easy cheddar and swiss fondue, too! We had sparkling red and white grape juice in our "fancy" goblets with the heart ice cubes. I think the kids thought it was pretty cool! We had great family time.........got to remember to keep the table cleaned off!
No comments:
Post a Comment