Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Busy Bees

It's been a busy time this last week. Once you read the rest of this post, you'll see why I haven't written anything for over a week.

My best friend and her husband were in Richmond, VA last week for a conference at the IMB training facility. They will be moving to India in October to be missionaries. We kept their 2 kids while they were away. Things went as well as they could have considering the strategic planning needed on my part to get 4 kids to 4 different places in 2 different cities by 7:30am for 3 mornings in a row. Wow! That was even tricky to write!

The boys were both icky with a stomach bug last week, too. Rick and I must have had a touch of it because we both weren't feeling like ourselves a couple of days either, though it didn't hit us as hard as the kids. Finally, everyone is feeling better, though! And thankfully, Leigha and Kevin didn't end up with it.

Then there are the car problems.... Olivia's car has been on the fritz for about 2 weeks. Rick finally pulled out the engine (I think) and had the head reworked....or something like that. Then, bless his heart, our transmission has started acting funny. So he spent the entire day Saturday working on cars.....I mean 13 hours of day. He was exhausted! Liv's car still isn't running yet...simply because he ran out of daylight. Hopefully, he'll be able to get it done this weekend. The van seems to be doing better with the transmission oil changed. We're praying it stays that way. But then, Rick thinks the water pump is going out, too, so.......

I took the 4 kids to see A Night at the Museum. It was really good! They all loved it, of course. I did, too, except for the one ugly word that popped out of nowhere! UGH! I leaned over and reminded them all that was a bad word and we don't say that word. They all sighed and said they knew that. You just can't trust any movie that's not G-rated these days! Geesh!

On Saturday, I loaded up all 4 kiddos and went to my nephew Austin's 2nd birthday party. They had a great time! I just can't believe 2 years has gone by so fast! It was also two of my little cousins' birthdays recently....Trevor (just turned 3) and Austin (a different one, just turned 1). Their party was this weekend, too, but it was in East TN and with Leigha and Kevin with us and Austin's party, it just wasn't feasible to do it all. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Trevor and Austin! We missed you!

Also on Saturday, my step-dad was admitted into the hospital with a spiking fever and lots of body aches. They are still trying to figure out what is going on.....and are thinking it might be a fungal infection in his lung. So Mom has been at the hospital every day and I went out Sunday afternoon to see them for a bit. They did a bronchoscopy today, so hopefully, they will be able to definitively pinpoint the cause and get him on the road to feeling better.

Added to all of the weekly events are the longer-term things needing to be planned for.....Olivia graduates from High School soon.....she'll be headed back to Brazil in March.....we have to get college applications completed.....tuition paperwork completed.....taxes done.....I'll be headed to Brazil in June.....family vacations......WHEW! Life is so FUN and full! And we desparately need to get back to the Y. Can anybody out there relate??

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Hey girl, How is Tom? Please let me know. I know you have my email address. Love your blog. Love, Bobbie

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am dizzy!!!!