Thursday, January 2, 2014

Nice to Sweet You

500 words every day.  Yeah, that's going to be tough.  And it's only Day 2.

And you know what that means for you, right?  30 more days of mostly mindless chatter about the everyday stuff of my life like:  the chocolate bar I'm eating at the moment, my crazy pups that are chasing the laser pointer light, the fuzzy stuff growing in my refrigerator, my cute teenage boys, how I hate picking up dog poop from the back yard, my half-hung family wall that beckons at me daily to finish picking out photos, and the stack of perpetual dishes in my sink.

So for the three people that might read this, I'm sorry in advance.  But I just have to remind you that I'm not writing for you.  I'm writing for the love of words, remember?  And I have a 500 word goal, dag nab it!

Ok.  But for real, hopefully, it won't always be that mindless the whole time.  In the back of my mind and beyond my good writing intentions, I really do hope to inspire and motivate.  Oh, not you.  Me.  I hope to motivate me. 

Just kidding.  I hope you are inspired, too.  Somehow.  I can almost promise it will get emotional and sappy and meaningful at some point if you hang out with me long enough.  If you are new here, it's really nice to meet you.  I really do appreciate your presence. 

Hey, that chocolate bar I mentioned...it was pretty yummy.  I just finished the last bite.  It was called Hello, My Name Is Caramel Brownie Chocolate Stick.  Nice to Sweet You.  And I didn't just call it that so that I could count twelve words.  Really.  That's the name.  It's made by Lindt.  And it was a most excellent bar of milk chocolate with a hazelnut and caramel brownie filling.  It was part of my Christmas present from my daughter.  I'm sure I'll talk about her at some point because she's pretty awesome.  And she gave me two grandbabies, so yeah, that means she pretty much rocks for just that reason.  That makes me an Oma, by the way.  You didn't know that, did you?  Or maybe you did if you know me in real life and not just blog life.  You'll hear more about the awesomeness of life as an Oma, too.  Don't hold your breath from the excitement of that half-promise, though.  Holding your breath too long could make you pass out.

I was reading some today on the Facebook page for this 500 word challenge group.  You know a lot of these people are real writers.  Like the kind who are writing 500 words in pen on paper every day.  Pen.on.paper, people.  That's big time.  People...a lot of people....are writing books.  And then there are those professionals who are writing every day for a blog...like a real blog...that makes money, but not necessarily publishing anything that they are writing this month.  Yeah, that counts.  That may make you wonder why I'm doing it this way then.

Why not just write 500 words for the love of words but not put myself through the agony (ok, that's a little strong) of type, type, typing with the inability to edit and leave it laying out there for the world to see?  Because what fun is that to just write and not share the process?  And really, you want to suffer with me, don't you?  I don't want to deny you that joy, obviously.  But really.  I'm just having fun with it.  And maybe I'll inspire along the way.  And, hopefully, for sure, I'll meet my goal of this challenge.

And my word counter just said 614!  Booyah!  Success again!

Wasn't that fun?  Let's do it again tomorrow!  And if you want to help a girl out, leave a comment below and give me some writing prompts.  I may need some inspiration from you to make this next 29 days happen.


1 comment:

Diana said...

Oh how I love this style of writing from you.....