A very special lady sent me a Valentine's card this week. Part of what she wrote in the card was that she knew Rick & I are sound in our trust that God's plan is our plan, but when time seems to stand still, we all need extra prayer. How I love her! And, OH, how I love that when God brings us to mind, there are faithful prayer warriors lifting our family to His throne! I pray that each of you reading this know the power of prayer and have wonderful people who speak words of encouragement into your life!
Inside the card was a piece of paper. It was a page torn out of some sort of devotional book. And that's really the reason I'm writing today. It's a timely word from the Lord that is just too sweet to keep to myself. May you find much encouragement in His love for you today as you ponder the accidentals He is weaving or has woven into your life!
Trust God's Provision
Read Ruth 2:10-12
If you read music, you are familiar with musical structure and notation. An official key is designated at the beginning of the song and is applied to the entire piece. Sometimes, however, the composer may insert an accidental...a place where the composer wants to stray for a moment from the original key.
God has a composition for my life, and it may not always harmonize with my arrangement. He already knows how my performance will sound, and He may need to change my key occasionally. He may place an accidental in my song to protect me from a disastrous ending or to teach me a new melody.
Ruth faced a key change with the loss of her husband and willingly learned the tune of caring for her mother-in-law. God gave Ruth a beautiful new melody when He brought Boaz into her life.
Whatever song the Composer assigns to you, know that you can trust His provision and He never plays out of tune!
Father, thank you for providing everything I need exactly when I need it.


1 comment:
I am sorry that I do not go to your blog but I did this am and really loved this post!!.. I like them all but this one ministered to me. Thanks for sharing this!!1 I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment