All that I am or hope to be I owe to my Angel Mother.
Abraham Lincoln
It's been a beautiful Mother's Day and I have a whole lot of happy in my heart as I think about my mom, Rick's mom, my kids, life in general and what it all means.
I love so many things about my mom. I love her strength. I love her faith. I love how family means everything. I love how she loves her grandkids. I love how she loves her husband. I love her loyalty. I love her giving spirit. So much of who I am I truly do owe to my mom. Mom, if you're reading this, I just want you to know that I am so thankful for who you are and how you raised us. You mean the world to me. Thank you for always being there for me.
God blessed me with the most magnificent man of my dreams. So much of who he is owed to his mom. In the toughest of circumstances, she raised a boy to be such a wonderful husband and father. Sylvia, if you are reading, I just want you to know that I love you. You mean so much to both of us. We love having you near us. We love that you have found happiness again. Thank you for always being there for us.
I'm also blessed to be 'Mom' to three great kids. They all make me very proud. They are a giving, loving, helping, fun-loving trio and I am the luckiest mom in the whole world to have them.
At this time of the year, kids love to make stuff for moms for Mother's Day. I'll leave you with some thoughts from my oldest son....one of those fill-in-the-blank activities they did at school last week...
My mother loves me because I'm her oldest son. (hmmmm....I guess explaining the maternal bond to an 8 year old would be kind of hard, huh?)
I love my mother because she gives me food. (what about the hugs and kisses she gives?)
My mother is happiest when me and my brother play good together. (oh, yes she is!)
My mother weighs 71 lbs. (NOT!)
My mother is 5 feet tall. (Close)
My mother is 35 years old. (He's paying attention.)
I like it when my mother sings Die Vers City. (aka Diverse City by Toby Mac)
My mother fixes meatloaf for me to eat. (Well, of course, because it's his favorite!)
My mother is special because she helps and cheers me on in soccer. (I could be a bit biased, but he's a star athlete, you know.)
I like to bowl with my mother. (I feel a date night coming on!)
My mother looks the prettiest when she is at church. (I might just have to cry over that one....I surely hope it's because he's seeing some Jesus in me!)
3 comments:
Ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So making me cry! he is the sweetest! and OF COURSE he thinks you're the prettiest at church becaue he sees Jesus in you! :)
You're the best ~ best mom, best wife, best daughter, best daughter-in-law, and best friend!
love you bunches!
Jeanne,
I loved your post. What I love most about YOU is how YOU Love period!!!
don't we just love it when we get a glimpse of our children thru God's eyes ... that is why i love mother's day ....
Post a Comment