Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Africa & AIDS: Day 1

Praise the Lord, all you nations;
extol Him, all you peoples.
For great is his love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord.

Psalm 117

God is leading Rick and I to pray for and be involved with missions in Africa. For the next 14 days, I am praying for AIDS & Africa. Won't you join me these 2 weeks?

In Africa, wars killed 200,000 people in 1998; AIDS killed 2 million. There are 23.3 million people living with HIV or AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa (the statistics are much higher now than in 1998 but I don't have those at hand right this moment). Whole families are affected. Men, women and children are dying. It is for the AIDS orphans that my heart cries out the loudest today.

Pray that a cure for AIDS will be found.

No comments: